Tuesday, February 15, 2011

An Open Letter to my Drill Press

I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I seriously hate crafting.  Yeah; I said that, SOMETIMES I HATE CRAFTING.  I don't know, I read all the blogs about how great people's wares are, how to build your business and make it better, or how amazing it can be to do your own thing, which is all great and very helpful, but you never really hear about the downside of it.  I'm talking about those really bad days where the last thing you want to do is come home from your day job only to work on your night job and nothing goes right.  Case in point, my drill press (yeah I'm talking to you drill press).  So here it goes, from the top:

Dear Drill Press,

If I could launch you to the end of the earth and back right now I would.  Why do you want to break on me when I have orders to fulfill?  I'm not sure why, you never respond, but here is my response to you, we are through.  I'm replacing you with the Dremel 3 in 1 and I don't really feel bad about it.  So have a good life drill press and take care.

Love,

Management

Okay I feel a little bit better about things now.

Does anyone else have days where everything they do with their business doesn't work out according to plan?  Or you feel like throwing in the towel, yet you don't because there is always that shiny success story at the end of the tunnel?  Well I want to hear from you, but for now it's off to give Skate Pet Feeder making another go....There are still hours left in the day.

3 comments:

  1. I took on a commission for a knitted item a couple of weeks ago, and it seemed like a really simple request. Yeah. Eight man-hours in and I was not a happy camper. Side note: if I ever start talking about doing commission work, remind me that I don't do commission work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I knew I wasn't the only one! Not to have a pity party, but sometimes I think we all need to vent:) I know I do anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thanks for your response Adie:)

    ReplyDelete